Monday 12 September 2011

New MAME4droid v1.1

Two new versions of MAME4droid have been released since my last post.  Seleuco has been busy and times are good for Android gamers everywhere.


"DEVELOPMENT 

September 13, 2011: - Version 1.1. 
Speed boost in low-end machines. Added ASM 68xxx & z80 ASM Cores. Minor Bug Fixes. 

September 12, 2011: - Version 1.0.2. 
Minor Bug Fixes. Improve Honeycomb HW acceleration responsiveness ."

Insight on the immediate future of the program was posted by Seleuco in the Issues section of his website.

"I'm going to pause develop two weeks after the first release... I'm only fixing... But I have some things to do in future versions... The most important is the analog touch part that I develop to iPhone version... Far way from android control."

No noticeable changes with the wiimote controls with the latest updates.  The method of accessing the in-game MAME menu still works.  One of the great things this is handy for is setting a key for 'Pause'. 

raindog469 reports the Android code for MAME4droid is now available to view.  I just scanned MAME4all.java.  Glad I didn't have to come up with that.

Lastly, I attempted to use the in-game cheat find, but did not get very far with it.  It's very unlike other cheat searches found in emulators like Zsnes.  At any rate, I'm hoping for a cheat file option.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. someone have good settings for mame4droid video setting frame setting etc on my zte blade 2.2

    ReplyDelete