Thursday 8 September 2011

Yes, we DO have MAME for Android!

I'm so excited, I want to leave work and go get my tab.  I haven't posted on this blog in quite a long while, because to be honest, I got really discouraged and turned to other interests.  But it seems I should have kept my chin up because MAME is now available for Android!



"MAME4droid v1.0b2 (New): MAME4droid is a port of iMAME4all for Android 2.1 and upper phone versions. Native Support for Android honeycomb tablets. Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) 2D Hardware Accelerated. Autorotate. HW Keys remapping supported. Selectable hide/show touch Controller. Smoothed image. Animated touch stick and more."

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/

Thanks Seleuco (David Valdeita)!

I haven't yet tested it out, but it will be the first thing I do when I get home tonight to be sure. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure he's committed the MAME4droid source code yet. I just checked it out from svn, and there's still no Android stuff in it. Looking forward to trying it out when I can get my hands on a gp2x-style rom set, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @raindog469 - You're right, but I found a torrent with the gp2x-style rom set easy enough. However, after installing the apk, I'm not seeing the directories that were supposed to be created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind, the directory is created the first time the program is run. More to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Android source changes are committed now, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like your flicking people off. As in FU i can play Mame and you cant. Or you just dont realize your using the middle finger which really looks ugly btw. Not your hand but your hand display. Anyways I can't seem to get the roms to load and the emulator didn't come with a clrmamepro like it stated in the help file. To be more exact none of the mame I download came with one that I have Downloaded. Any Ideas? please help if you can.

    ReplyDelete