Sunday 26 June 2011

My brain hurts

I've managed to create a library (a .so file) of the MAME source code with Cygwin and the Android NDK.  For this build I used an older source version (.067).  This may not be the right approach, but my reasoning is - less code, less chance of problems.  Anyhow, after modifying my app to call the native code and running the emulator, the app crashed at the point the call was made.  No idea why, but apparently there is a debugger addon for Eclipse/Android SDK native code which I will attempt to use next.

I wonder if it is safe to assume ndk-build will make a library of c/c++ source code, even if the code doesn't execute properly in Android?  There is also the possibility I'm not making a proper call in my java code.  I may drop MAME temporarily and try some source code for a simpler application.

Btw, even if you can't help on technical level, leave a comment below to show you want an Android port of Mame!

3 comments:

  1. Raising my coffee to you, sir! Please keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I are supporting you in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the hard work bro,i got advmame v 1.06 too play outrun but like u said,verry...verrrrrry....ssslllllowww and i still get scan lines even though i cmd it to be off,just keep at it u will b a martar if u actually get this to work,keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete